- Volume 52 Issue 4
In this study, finite element modeling and material property tests are performed for the finite element analysis of rubber isolator parts which support the engine and isolate the vibration. As a result of the P direction analysis of the rubber isolator parts, the static stiffness in the P direction was 44.2 kg/mm, which is well within the error of 5% as compared with the test result of 46.1 kg/mm. The static stiffness of the rubber isolator parts in the Q direction was calculated to be 7.9 kg/mm, which is comparable to the test result of 8.6 kg/mm, with an error of less than 8%. As a result of the analysis on the Z direction, the static stiffness was calculated as 57.7 kg/mm, and the test results were not available. Through this study, it is expected that the time and cost for prototype development can be reduced through nonlinear finite element analysis for rubber isolator parts.
rubber isolator;Mooney-Rivlin constant;static stiffness;finite element analysis
- R. P. Brown, "Physical Testing of Rubber", 3rd Edition Chapman & Hall Press, London, 1996.
- Rubber Analysis with ABAQUS, HKS, Inc.
- W. Jiang, W. K. Shi, T. Teng, and Q. G. Wang, "Strength Improvement Design of Engine Rubber Mount Based on Finite Element Method", 2nd Conference on Environmental Science and Information Application Technology, pp. 695-698 (2010).
- L. R. Wang, J. C. Wang, Z. H. Lu, and I. Hagiwara, "Strength Improvement Design of Engine Rubber Mount Based on Finite Element Method", Proc. IMechE. Part D: J. Automobile Engineering, 221, 273 (2007).
- T. Ramachndran, K. P. Padmanaban, and P. Nesamani, "Modeling and Analysis of IC Engine Rubber Mount using Finite Element Method and RSM", Procedia Engineering, 38, 1683 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.06.205
- W. K. Shi, Z. Y. Chen, H. Ya, and T. Teng, "Finite Element Analysis of the Static and Dynamic Characteristics of Engine Rubber Mount", Second Asia-Pacific Conference on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications, 492 (2009).
- L. R. Wang, Z. H. Lu, and I. Hagiwara, "Finite element simulation of the static characteristics of a vehicle rubber mount", Proc. Instn. Mech. Engrs. Part D: J Automobile Engineering, 216, 965 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1243/095440702762508218
- Q. Hongyan and G. Xiaolan, "Design Optimization of Rubber Engine-mount Based on ANSYS", Applied Mechanics and Materials, 143-144, 480 (2012).
- L. R. Wang, J. C. Wang, Z. H. Lu, and I. Hagiwara, "Investigation into the fluid-structure interaction of a hydraulically damped rubber mount on the basis of finite element analysis", Proc. IMechE. Part D: J. Automobile Engineering, 223, 327 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO964
Supported by : 기계연