- Volume 19 Issue 3
Understanding of RF Impedance Matching System Using VI-Probe
- Lee, Ji Ha (Department of Electronic Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Park, Hyun Keun (Department of Electronic Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Lee, Jungsoo (Department of Electronic Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Hong, Snag Jeen (Department of Electronic Engineering, Myongji University)
- Received : 2020.08.26
- Accepted : 2020.09.11
- Published : 2020.09.30
The demand for stable plasma has been on the rise because of the increased delivery power amount in the chamber for improving productivity, and fast and accurate plasma impedance matching become a crucial performance measure for radio frequency (RF) power system in semiconductor manufacturing equipment. In this paper, the overall impedance matching was understood, and voltage and current values were extracted with voltage - current (VI) probe to measure plasma impedance in real-time. Actual matching data were analyzed to derive calibration coefficient for V and I measurements to understand the characteristics of VI probe, and we demonstrated the tendency of RF impedance matching according to changes in load impedance. This preliminary empirical research can contribute to fast RF matching as well as advanced equipment control for the next level of detailed investigation on embedded system based-RF matching controller.
- H. Sugai and K. Nakamura, "Recent Innovations in Microwave Probes for Reactive Plasma Diagnostics," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 58, No. 6, pp. 060101:1-19, 2019.
- J. Kim and S. W. Lee, "Impedance Matching Method and Impedance Matching System," Kor. Patent 10-1544975, Aug.,10, 2015.
- Y. Lee, W. Song and S. J. Hong, "In situ monitoring of plasma ignition step in capacitively coupled plasma systems," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 59, No. JS, pp. SJJD02:1-6, 2020.
- Y. C. Jang, S. H. Park, S. M. Jeong, S. W. Ryu, G. H. Kim, "Role of Features in Plasma Information Based Virtual Metrology (PI-VM) for SiO2 Etching Depth," J. Semi. Disp. Technol., Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 30-34, 2019.
- K. H. Jang, S.-Y. Park, J.-J. Cho, and D.-H. Lee "Error Rate Enhancement Algorithm for 13.56 MHz Impedance Automatic Matching System," J. Kor. Inst. Electromagnetic Eng. Sci., Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 55-60, 2020.
- H.C. Wang and H.I. Seo, “RF Loss Miniaturization Method Using High Impedance Filter for Research,” J. Semi. Disp. Technol., Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 30-34, 2019.
- J. H. Kim, S.W. Lee, and Y. K. Lee, "Impedance Matching Method and Electrical Equipment for this Method," Kor. Patent 10-0895689, April, 23, 2009
- N. Manabu and H. Naoya "Matcher and matching method," Kor. Patent 10-1829563, Feb, 24, 2015
- S. M. Rossnagel, “Sputter Deposition for Semiconductor Manufacturing,” IBM J. Research and Development, Vol. 43, No. 1.2, pp. 163-179, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1147/rd.431.0163
- D. K. Choi, C. Y. Won, "High Frequency Power Unit and Impedance Matching," The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, pp.23-28, 2002
- H. C. Wang and H. I. Seo, “RF Loss Minimization Method Using High Impedance Filter for Research,” J. Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 56-60, 2020.