- Volume 19 Issue 3
Development of Unmanned Cleaning Robot for Floating Photovoltaic Panels
수상 태양광 발전시설 무인청소 로봇 개발
- Park, Seongsu (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Yi, Seunglyeol (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Hyungyu (Robotics Program, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Sang Soon (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- 박성수 (한국기술교육대학교 메카트로닉스공학부) ;
- 이승렬 (한국기술교육대학교 메카트로닉스공학부) ;
- 이현규 (한국과학기술원 로봇공학학제) ;
- 이상순 (한국기술교육대학교 메카트로닉스공학부)
- Received : 2020.09.23
- Accepted : 2020.09.23
- Published : 2020.09.30
This paper describes the results of a study on the unmanned cleaning robot that performs the cleaning of the floating photovoltaic panels. The robot uses two SSC (Sliding Suction Cup) adsorptive devices to move up and down the slope. First, the forces generated when the robot moves up the slope are mechanically analyzed. The robot was designed and manufactured to operate stably by using the presented results. Next, the robot motion was tested on the inclined panel. It has been proven that robots are well designed and built to clean sloped panels.
- Kontges, M., et al., "The risk of power loss in crystalline silicon based photovoltaic modules due to micro-cracks." Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 95, pp. 1131-1137, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2010.10.034
- Chaichan, M. T., Bashar A. M., and Hussein A. K., "Effect of pollution and cleaning on photovoltaic performance based on experimental study." International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol 6, pp.594-601, 2015.
- Macomber, H. L., John B. R., and Frederick A. C., "Photovoltaic Stand Alone Systems." DOE/NASA/0195-1. 1981.
- Sayyah, A., Mark N. H., and Malay K. M., "Energy yield loss caused by dust deposition on photovoltaic panels." Solar Energy, Vol. 107, pp. 576-604, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2014.05.030
- Hyungyu Lee and Sang Soon Lee, "Development of Unmanned Cleaning Robot for Photovoltaic Panels", Journal of Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol.18, No.3, pp.144-149, 2019.
- Song, Y. K., et al. "Development of wall climbing robotic system for inspection purpose." 2008 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. IEEE, 2008.
- Miyake, T. and Hidenori I., "Mechanisms and basic properties of window cleaning robot." Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME International Conference, Vol. 2. IEEE, 2003.