- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Importance Performance Analysis (IPA) on the Management Improving of Integrative Medical Hospital and Unmet Medical Care Services
통합의료병원의 환자 미충족 의료서비스 및 경영개선을 위한 IPA
- Cheong, Moon-Joo (Rare Incurable Disease Integrative Medicine Treatment Labartory, Jang Heoung Integrative Medical Hospital, Wonkwang University) ;
- Jeon, Byeong-Hyeon (Rare Incurable Disease Integrative Medicine Treatment Labartory, Jang Heoung Integrative Medical Hospital, Wonkwang University) ;
- Noh, Se-Eung (Jang Heoung Integrative Medical Hospital, Wonkwang University)
- 정문주 (원광대학교 장흥통합의료병원 난치질환통합치료연구소) ;
- 전병현 (원광대학교 장흥통합의료병원 난치질환통합치료연구소) ;
- 노세응 (원광대학교 장흥통합의료병원)
- Received : 2020.12.17
- Accepted : 2021.01.08
- Published : 2021.02.28
Purpose : This study explores unmet medical services within a region for patients admitted to a single medical institution in one region and was to analyze the importance and satisfaction of hospital selection attributes. Through this, we tried to solve the unmet medical needs of patients and provide useful basic data in terms of hospital management in the region. Methods : It were collected to a total of 250 questionnaires for patients admitted to the regional integrative medical hospital. However, 232 samples were used for the final analysis, excluding 18 copies not reported in good faith. For the analysis, first, demographic frequency analysis of inpatients and inpatients was performed, and second, characteristics of patients, including frequent disease receiving treatment, were analyzed. Next, descriptive statistics analysis was conducted on unmet medical service intentions. In terms of hospital selection attribute, the items of continuity maintenance (I quadrant), priority visibility (II quadrant), low priority (III quadrant), and excessive effort (IV quadrant) were derived using the IPA (importance-performance analysis) matrix technique. Results : The derived results were classified by item and area. In the priority administration area, it was the reputation and recognition of medical institutions and the service area of medical institutions. In the case of items, there were 6 items including the importance of surgery and medical expenses, and diet at hospitalization. 1) Conclusion : Thus a result of this study, resources are efficiently allocated to priority correction areas with high importance but low satisfaction and circulatory medical treatment is performed in the departments required by patients who use medical care and, various methods, such as preparing a policy to support medical expenses, should be sought.
- Cheon ET, Baek JK(2017). A study of user research on the improvement of menu design for inpatient diet. Journal of Integrated Design Research, 16(2), 71-80. https://doi.org/10.21195/jidr.2017.16.2.006. https://doi.org/10.21195/jidr.2017.16.2.006
- Cho SS, Lee TK, Bang YW, et al(2010). Factors associated with unmet needs for medical mare among island inhabitants in Korea. J Agr Med Commun Health, 35(2), 151-164. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2010.35.2.151. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2010.35.2.151
- Han H, Hwang J(2018). Growing competition in the healthcare tourism market and customer retention in medical clinics: new and experienced travelers. Current Issues in Tourism, 21(6), 680-702. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2015.1104292. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2015.1104292
- Im HY, Hwang IK, Seo WS(2010). Structural relationship among service value, brand image, and patients revisits in regional public hospitals in Korea. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 10(11), 304-317. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.11.304. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.11.304
- Kim HE, Kang MA(2018). A multilevel analysis on unmet healthcare need and regional contextual effects: A case study of Seoul. The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, 24(1), 111-141.
- Kim JW, Bae HJ(2019). A study of the experience of unmet dental care needs among older adults. Health and Social Welfare Review, 39(1), 365-389. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2019.39.1.365
- Kim Y(2011). Special session 1: chinese tourists 2: A study on medical consumers' choice attributes of medical institutions-focused on Chinese medical tourists. Korean Tourism Association International Conference Collection, 69(1), 149-160.
- Ko EK(2017). A study on medical consumer rights and shared decision making. Graduate school of Seoul National University, Republic of Korea, Doctoral dissertation.
- Lee HJ, Huh SI(2017). Unmet health care needs and impact of type of household among the elderly in Korea. The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, 23(2), 85-108.
- Lee HY, Park IS(2014). A study on the satisfaction difference of medical institution selection attributes using IPA. Medical Management Research, 8(4), 31-45.
- Lee JW, Ahn SY, Lee JH, et al(2015). Through a selection factor analysis of the local healthcare institutions building complex medical services strategy. J Digit Converg, 13(5), 297-307. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.297. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.297
- Lee MJ, Kown DH, Kim YY, et al(2019). Factors associated with experience of diagnosis and utilization of chronic diseases among Korean elderly : Focus on comparing between urban and rural elderly. J Agric Med Community Health, 44(4), 165-184. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2019.44.4.165 https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2019.44.4.165
- Park GH, Ha OH(2020). Effect of direct and indirect subsidies on profitability in general hospitals. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 10(9), 206-214. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2020.10.09.206. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2020.10.09.206
- Park YK, Kim CY, Hwang SS(2018). The effect of the interaction between unmet medical care and income on subjective health level-analysis of 2009-2014 data from the Korean medical panel. Health and Social Sciences, 47(1), 57-83.
- Shen YC, Zhang MY, Huang YQ, et al(2006). Twelve-month prevalence, severity, and unmet need for treatment of mental disorders in metropolitan China. Psychol Med, 36(2), 257. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291705006367. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291705006367
- Shin WJ, Hwang SW, Hwang IC, et al(2016). Unmet medical service needs in family caregivers of terminal cancer patients. The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 19(2), 163-169. https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2016.19.2.163. https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2016.19.2.163
- Yang HY(2008). A study on the effect of negative word-of-mouth of dental clinic patient. J Korean Acad Dental Hygiene Educ, 8(4), 79-88.
- Yoon KI, Do SR(2007). Analysis of patient's medical institution selection propensity by major injuries. Journal of Hospital Management Association, 12(4), 1-21.
- Yoon TH, Park HM(2010). Perceptions of residents visiting local health centers on the collaborating care of Korean traditional medicine and western medicines. The Journal of Oriental Medical Preventive, 14(1), 37-48.
- Yoon YS, Jung B, Kim D, et al(2019). Factors underlying unmet medical needs: A cross-sectional study. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 16(13), Printed Online. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16132391.