- Volume 20 Issue 1
A Portable ECG System Coupled with a Smartphone
스마트폰과 연동한 휴대용 심전도계
- Kim, Kiwan (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- An, Jonghyun (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Park, Kwangmin (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2021.01.21
- Accepted : 2021.03.10
- Published : 2021.03.31
The electrocardiogram(ECG) and heart rates are essential for diagnosing heart disease. However, conventional portable ECG devices are possible to only measure heart rates or have limitations in how and where they are measured. In this paper, a portable ECG system in which ECG waveforms and heart rates are displayed on smartphone screens is developed. A smartphone is used as display equipment instead of a computer screen for continuous monitoring. The developed ECG system filters and amplifies detected analog ECG signals. Next, it converts the amplified analog ECG signals into digital signals, then transmits to the smartphone via Bluetooth communication. This ECG system can display and store biomedical signals on a smartphone through the application. As a result, the waveform and heart rates of the developed portable ECG system has been confirmed to be similar to those of existing medical devices.
- Y. G. Chen, "A Study on the Trend of Development of Wearable Healthcare Devices for the Elderly," J. of The Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 245-260, 2020. https://doi.org/10.18208/ksdc.2020.26.1.245
- J. W. Heo, S. W. Jin, and M. S. Jun, "Implementation and Evaluation of ECG Authentication System Using Wearable Device," J. of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1-6, 2019.
- H. K. Kim, and J. S. Cho, "Design and Implementation of Real-time ECG Monitoring System for Personal Health Records," J. of The Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.45-50, 2012.
- I. K. Lee, J. H. Park, S. R. Jin, K. D. Han, and H. Y. Hwang, "Incident response system through emergency recognition using heart rate and real-time image sharing," J. of The Institute of Korean Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 358-363, 2019.
- J. Y. Dong, C. H. Lee, and Y. J. Song, "Trends in user experience analysis of smart wearable devices," J. of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 3-9, 2019.
- Statistics Korea, H. Y. Shin, J. Kim, S. M. Lee, M. S. Park, S. H. Park, and S. Hur, "Cause-of-death statistics in 2018 in the Republic of Korea," J. of The Korean Medical Association, Vol.63, no. 5, pp. 286-297, 2020. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2020.63.5.286
- J. H. Bae, J. S. Jang, and B. C. Ku, "Development of The Irregular Radial Pulse Detection Algorithm Based on Statistical Learning Model," J. of The Biomedical Engineering Research, Vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 185-194, 2020. https://doi.org/10.9718/JBER.2020.41.5.185
- M. S. Kim, and Y. C. Cho, "Development of Wireless Transmission and Receiver Module for the Management of Chronic Diseases," J. of IEEE Korea Council, Vol. 23, no. 3, pp.1082-1087, 2019.
- S. W. Jang, Y. Kim, C. W. Wang, J. G. Ho, D. G. Kim, and S. D. Min, "Pilot Study on the Feasibility of Portable Fingertip ECG Measurement Device and Heart Health Monitoring System," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 1400-1407, 2020. https://doi.org/10.5370/kiee.2020.69.9.1400
- J. H. Kim, S. M. Lee, K. H. Park, "Stepwise Detection of the QRS Complex in the ECG Signal," J. of The Korean Institute of Communications & Information Sciences Vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 244-253, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2016.41.2.244
- S. W. Lee, and J. S. Kim, "Bio-Signal Authentication Algorithm Using Electrocardiogram," J. of The Korean Institute of Communications & Information Sciences, Vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2350-2356, 2017. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2017.42.12.2350