- Volume 20 Issue 1
Plasma Corrosion and Breakdown Voltage Behavior of Ce Ion Added Sulfuric Acid Anodizing According to Electrolyte Temperature
Ce ion이 첨가된 황산 아노다이징의 온도 변화에 따른 내플라즈마 특성
- So, Jongho (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yun, Ju-Young (Vacuum Material Measurement Team, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Shin, Jae-Soo (Department of Advanced Materials Engineering, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2021.02.17
- Accepted : 2021.03.16
- Published : 2021.03.31
We report on the formation of anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) film using sulfuric acid containing cerium salt. When the temperature of the sulfuric acid containing cerium salt changes from 5 ℃ to 20 ℃, the current density and the thickness growth rate increase. The surface morphology of the AAO film change according to the temperature of the electrolytes. And that affected the breakdown voltage and the plasma etch rate. The breakdown voltage per unit thickness was the highest at 15 ℃, and the plasma etch rate was the lowest at 10 ℃ at 2.80 ㎛/h.
- So, J., Choi, E., Kim, J.-T., Shin, J.-S., Song, J.-B., Kim, M., Chung, C.-W., Yun, J.-Y., "Improvement of Plasma Resistance of Anodic Aluminum-Oxide Film in Sulfuric Acid Containing Cerium (IV) Ion", Coatings, Vol. 10, pp. 103-112, 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings10020103
- Song, J.-B., Kim, J.-T., Oh, S.-G., Yun, J.-Y., "Contamination particles and plasma etching behavior of atmospheric plasma sprayed Y2O3 and YF3 coatings under NF3 plasma", Coatings, Vol. 9, pp. 102-109, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings9020102
- Kim, M., Choi, E., So, J., Shin, J.-S., Chung, C.-W., Maeng, S.-J., Yun, J.-Y., "Improvement of corrosion properties of plasma in an aluminum alloy 6061-T6 by phytic acid anodization temperature", Journal of Materials Research and Technology, Vol. 11, pp. 219-226, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2020.12.086
- Thompson, G., Wood, G., "Porous anodic film formation on aluminium", Nature, Vol. 290, pp. 230-232, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1038/290230a0
- Chou, S.M., Leidheiser Jr, H., "Wear of anodized aluminum under three-body conditions", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Product Research and Development, Vol. 25, pp. 473-478, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1021/i300023a019
- Kobayashi, K., Shimizu, K., "Influence of γ-Alumina on the Structure of Barrier Anodic Oxide Films on Aluminum", Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 135, pp. 908, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2095826
- Patermarakis, G., Moussoutzanis, K., "Mathematical Models for the Anodization Conditions and Structural Features of Porous Anodic Al2O3 Films on Aluminum", Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 147, pp. 737, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2048527
- So, J., Yun, J.-Y., Shin, J.-S., "Contamination Particle and Cracking Behavior of the Anodic Oxidation in Sulfuric Acid Containing Cerium Salt", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 17, pp. 11-15, 2018.
- Choi, J., Lee, J., Lim. J., Kim, S., "Technology Trends in Fabrication of Nanostructures of Metal Oxides by Anodization and Their Applications", Journal of the Korean Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 19, pp. 249-258, 2008.
- Lee, W., Ji, R., Gosele, U., Nielsch, K., "Fast fabrication of long-range ordered porous alumina membranes by hard anodization", Nature materials, Vol. 5, pp. 741-747, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat1717
- Oh, J., Thompson, C. V., "The role of electric field in pore formation during aluminum anodization," Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 56, pp. 4044-4051, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2011.02.002
- Yin, Y., McKenzie, D., Bilek, M., "Analytic analysis on asymmetrical micro arcing in high plasma potential RF plasma system", Plasma Sources Science and Technology, Vol. 15, pp. 99, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0963-0252/15/1/015
- Song, J.-B., Choi, E., Oh, S.-G., So, J., Lee, S.-S., Kim, J.-T., Yun, J.-Y., "Improved reliability of breakdown voltage measurement of yttrium oxide coatings by plasma spray", Ceramics International, Vol. 45, pp. 22169-22174, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.07.238
- Aerts, T., Dimogerontakis, T., De Graeve, I., Fransaer, J., Terryn, H., "Influence of the anodizing temperature on the porosity and the mechanical properties of the porous anodic oxide film", Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 201, pp. 7310-7317, 2007.
- Miwa, K., Takada, N., Sasaki, K., "Fluorination mechanisms of Al2O3 and Y2O3 surfaces irradiated by high-density CF4⁄O2 and SF6⁄O2 plasmas", Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films, Vol. 27, pp. 831-835, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.3112624