- Volume 20 Issue 1
Memristive Devices Based on RGO Nano-sheet Nanocomposites with an Embedded GQD Layer
저결함 그래핀 양자점 구조를 갖는 RGO 나노 복합체 기반의 저항성 메모리 특성
- Kim, Yongwoo (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Hwang, Sung Won (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2021.03.06
- Accepted : 2021.03.17
- Published : 2021.03.31
The RGO with controllable oxygen functional groups is a novel material as the active layer of resistive switching memory through a reduction process. We designed a nanoscale conductive channel induced by local oxygen ion diffusion in an Au / RGO+GQD / Al resistive switching memory structure. A strong electric field was locally generated around the Al metal channel generated in BIL, and the local formation of a direct conductive low-dimensional channel in the complex RGO graphene quantum dot region was confirmed. The resistive memory design of the complex RGO graphene quantum dot structure can be applied as an effective structure for charge transport, and it has been shown that the resistive switching mechanism based on the movement of oxygen and metal ions is a fundamental alternative to understanding and application of next-generation intelligent semiconductor systems.
- T. W. Kim, Y. Yang, "Electrical memory devices based on inorganic/organic nanocomposites", NPG Asia Materials, Vol. 4, pp. 1-8, 2012.
- C. Wu, T. W. Kim, H. Y. Choi, J. J. Yang "Flexible three-dimensional artificial synapse networks with correlated learning and trainable memory capability", Nat. Commun.., Vol. 8, pp. 752-758. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-017-00803-1
- Wang, X. Xie, W. Xu, J.B. "Graphene based nonvolatile memory devices", Adv. Mater., Vol. 26, 5496-5503., 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201306041
- Lin, C.C. Chen, P.H. Chen, M.C. Chang, T.C., et al. "Investigating Material Changes at Different Gadolinium Doping Power Levels in Indium-Tin Oxide Intended for Use as an Insulator in Resistive Switching Memory", IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices Vol. 66, pp. 2595-2599, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ted.2019.2912502
- J. H. Lee, "A Study of Dynamic Properties of Graphene-Nanoribbon Memory", J. Semiconductor & Display Technology, v.13, no.2, pp.53-56, 2014.
- D-K. Lee, S-J. Kim, S-O. Ryu, "Stack-Structured Phase Change Memory Cell for Multi-State Storage", J. Semiconductor & Display Technology, v.8, no.1, pp.13-17, 2009.
- Y. S. Ku, K-H. Chang, "Stack-Structured Phase Change Memory Cell for Multi-State Storage", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Semiconductor Equipment Technology, pp.250-250, 2007
- Qiu, J.T. Samanta, S. Dutta, M. Ginnaram, S. Maikap, S. "Controlling Resistive Switching by Using an Optimized MoS2 Interfacial Layer and the Role of Top Electrodes on Ascorbic Acid Sensing in TaOx-Based RRAM", Langmuir Vol. 35, pp. 3897-3906, 2019 https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b04090
- Liu, S. Dong, S. Jin, H. Huang, S. Wang, X. Luo, J. "Significant Effects of Electrode Metal Work Function on Resistive Memory Devices with Gelatin Biodielectric Layer", J. Electrochem. Soc. Vol. 165, pp. G90-G95, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0701807jes
- Liu, C.Y. Tsai, Y.Y. Fang, W.T. Wang, H.Y. "Resistive Switching Characteristics of a SiOx Layer with CF4 Plasma Treatment", J. Nanomater. Vol. 2014, pp. 1-5, 2014.
- Wang, E. Dong, Y. Islam, M.D.Z. Yu, L. Liu, et al. Effect of graphene oxide-carbon nanotube hybrid filler on the mechanical property and thermal response speed of shape memory epoxy composites", Compos. Sci. Technol. Vol. 169, pp. 209-234. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2018.11.022
- Liu, Y. Yin, J. Liu, X. Zhao, X. Chen, M. Li, J. Zhao, H. Zhu, C. Su, "Fabrication of polymer composite films with carbon composite nanofibers doped MWNTs-OH for multilevel memory device application", Compos. B Eng. Vol. 156, pp. 252-270, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.08.045
- Zhang, H. Kang, W. Cao, K. Wu, B. Zhang, Y. Zhao, "Spintronic Processing Unit in Spin Transfer Torque Magnetic Random Access Memory", IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices. Vol. 66, pp. 2017-2022. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2019.2898391
- Berry, J., Buonassisi, T., Egger, D.A., Hodes, G., Kronik, L., Loo, Y.-L., Lubomirsky, I., Marder, S.R., Mastai, Y., Miller, J.S., "Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Perovskites (HOIPs): Opportunities and Challenges", Adv. Mater., Vol. 27, pp. 5102-5112, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201502294
- Mukherjee, B. "Resistive Switching and Nonvolatile Memory in TiO2 /CuPc Nanocomposite Devices", J. Electron. Mater. Vol. 48, pp. 2131-2132. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-018-06891-z
- Casula, G. Busby, Y. Franquet, A. Spampinato, V. Houssiau, L. Bonfiglio, A. Cosseddu, P. "A flexible organic memory device with a clearly disclosed resistive switching mechanism", Org. Electron. Vol. 64, pp. 209-215. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orgel.2018.10.018
- Chiu, U.T. Lee, B.F. Hu, S.K. Yu, T.F. Lee, W.Y. Chao, "Graphene Memory Based on a Tunable Nanometer-Thin Water Layer", J. Phys. Chem. C Vol. 123, pp. 10842-10848. 2019.
- Guo, F. Zheng, X. Liang, C. Jiang, Y. Xu, Z. Jiao, Z. Liu, Y. Wang, H.T. Sun, H. Ma, L. et al. "Millisecond Response of Shape Memory Polymer Nanocomposite Aerogel Powered by Stretchable Graphene Framework", ACS Nano. Vol. 13, pp. 5549-5558. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.9b00428
- Yan, Y. Xia, H. Qiu, Y. Xu, Z. Ni, Q.Q. "Multi-layer graphene oxide coated shape memory polyurethane for adjustable smart switches", Compos. Sci. Technol. Vol. 172, pp. 108-116. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2019.01.013
- Liu, J.; Zeng, Z.; Cao, X.; Lu, G.; Wang, L.H.; Fan, Q.L.; Huang, W.; Zhang, H. "Preparation of MoS2 - polyvinylpyrrolidone nanocomposites for flexible nonvolatile rewritable memory devices with reduced graphene oxide electrodes", Small 2012, 8, 3517-3522. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.201200999
- Park, J.H. Shin, M.H. Yi, J.S. "The Characteristics of Transparent Non-Volatile Memory Devices Employing Si-Rich SiOx as a Charge Trapping Layer and IndiumTin-Zinc-Oxide", Nanomaterials. Vol. 9, pp. 784-792. 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano9050784
- Feng, J. Liu, Z.J. Zhang, D.Q. He, Z. Tao, Z.C. Guo, Q.G. "Phase change materials coated with modified graphene-oxide as fillers for silicone rubber used in thermal interface applications", New Carbon Mater. Vol. 34, pp. 188-195. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-5805(19)60011-9