- Volume 20 Issue 1
A Study of Mechanical Machining for Silicon Upper Electrode
실리콘 상부 전극의 기계적 가공 연구
- Lee, Eun Young (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Graduate School of Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Kim, Moon Ki (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2021.03.08
- Accepted : 2021.03.15
- Published : 2021.03.31
Upper electrode is one of core parts using plasma etching process at semiconductor. The purpose of this study is to analyze effects of cutting conditions for mechanical machining of silicon upper electrode. For this research, surface roughness of machined workpiece and depth of damage inside of silicon electrode are experimented and analyzed and different values of feed rate and depth of cut are applied for the experiments. From these experiments, it is verified that the surface roughness and internal damaged layer get worse according to take more fast feed rate. In conclusion, cutting condition is very important factor for machining. Results of this study can use to develop various parts which are made from single crystal silicon and affect various benefits to the semiconductor industry for better productivity.
- W. K. Choi, "A study of lifetime optimization of silicon and ceramic materials for semiconductor dry etcher", Korea University of Technology & Education, 2016.
- S. K. Kim, "A study on the grindability of fine ceramics by experimental method", Journal of The Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 35-42, 2011.
- Y. Masahiko, S. Aravindan, K. Yuki and M. Takashi, "Critical depth of hard brittle materials on Nano plastic forming", Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol. 2 No. 1, pp. 59-70, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1299/jamdsm.2.59
- H. D. Jeong, "Mirror surface grinding using ultra fine grit wheel", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 13 No. 6, pp. 45-51, 1996.
- J. C. Lee, S. B. Ha, E. H. Jeon, W. Choi, J. K. Jung, "A study on the silicon grinding", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 46-50, 1998.
- Y. W. Kim, S. C. Choi, J. W. Park, D. W. Lee, "The characteristics of machined surface controlled by multi tip arrayed tool and high speed spindle", Journal of Nano science and Nano technology, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 4471-4422, 2010.
- H. S. Oh, H. L. Lee, "Silicon wafering process and fine grinding process induced residual mechanical damage", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 145-154, 2002.
- W. S. Che, C. G. Suk, "The improved characteristics of wet anisotropic etching of Si with megasonic wave", Journal of the Microelectronics and Packaging Society, Vol. 11 No. 4, pp. 81-86, 2004.
- A. A. Busnaina, H. Lin, "Physical removal of nano-scale defects from surfaces", IEEE/SEMI advanced semiconductor manufacturing conference, Advancing the Science and Technology of Semiconductor Manufacturing, pp. 272-277, 2002.