- Volume 20 Issue 1
Fabrication of Anti-Moiré Filter Using Multi-Array Needle Coating for LED Screens
다중 배열 니들 코팅을 이용한 LED 스크린용 Anti-Moiré 필터 제작
- Jeon, Kyungjun (School of Electrical & Electronic & Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Jinyoung (Interdisciplinary Program in Creative Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Park, Jongwoon (School of Electrical & Electronic & Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2021.03.10
- Accepted : 2021.03.18
- Published : 2021.03.31
Using a multi-array needle module developed for coating of high-density cylindrical microlens array (C-MLA), we have fabricated an anti-Moiré filter for LED screens. The Moiré phenomenon appears due to the interference between the array pattern of image sensors in a camera and the non-emission area (grid pattern) of a LED screen. To suppress it, we have employed poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and coated it on a glass substrate in the form of a grid and non-grid (parallel lines). We have rotated the needle module in order to increase the number of C-MLAs. With this scheme, we have fabricated the 150 mm × 150 mm anti-Moiré filters where 836 microlens lines are formed. They show the average width of 255.4 ㎛, the average distance between CMLs of 94.6 ㎛, and C-MLA width non-uniformity of 4.7%. We have shown that the Moiré patterns still appear in the presence of the parallel (non-grid)-type filter, whereas they disappeared completely by the grid-type filter. It is due to the fact that the Moiré patterns are diffused more effectively by the grid-type C-MLA.
- Lin, K., Liaom N., Zhao, D., Dong, S., and Li, Y., "Analysis of Moire minimization in color LED flat-panel display", Proc. SPIE, Vol. 9618, 96180K, 2015.
- Shin, D., and Park, J. "Angular Dependence of Moire Fringes Induced by Metal Grids for Touch Screen Panels", J. Dips. Technol., Vol. 11, pp. 110-117, 2015.
- Takaki, Y., Yokoyama, O., and Hamagishi, G., "Flat panel display with slanted pixel arrangement for 16-view display", Proc. SPIE, Vol. 7237, 723708, 2009.
- Kong, L. et al., "Parameter design of a parallax barrier based on the color moire patterns in autostereoscopic display", Appl. Opt., Vol. 50, pp. 153-158, 2011.
- Chen, C., Yeh, Y., and Shieh, H., "3-D Mobile Display Based on Moire-Free Dual Directional Backlight and Driving Scheme for Image Crosstalk Reduction", J. Dips. Technol., Vol. 4, pp. 92-96 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2007.903145
- Chen, E. et al., "Ultra-large moire-less autostereoscopic three-dimensional light-emitting-diode displays", Opt. Express, Vol. 27, pp. 10355-10369, 2019.