- Volume 20 Issue 1
Implementation of Reflection Removal Algorithm on Mobile Device
모바일 장치에서 반사 잔상 제거 알고리즘 구현
- Lee, YuKyong (School of Smart Media, BeakSeok Culture University) ;
- Lee, Yong-Hwan (Dept. of Digital Contents, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2021.03.15
- Accepted : 2021.03.19
- Published : 2021.03.31
Undesired reflection removal from an image captured through glass window is widely needed with the prevalence of camera. In this paper, we present and implement a reflection removal algorithm, which is specially designed for smart devices. Our implementation requires smart phone application to take two input pictures of the same target, one with flash light on and another with flash light off. Then, we find a flash spot in the picture, match the features to align the input pictures, transform the color space, and finally combine the pictures. As the result, we get a resulting image with removed reflection, achieving the visually pleasant.
- Ya-Chu Chang, Chia-Ni Lu, Chia-Chi Cheng, Wei-Chen Chiu, "Single Image Reflection Removal with Edge Guidance, Reflection Classifier and Recurrent Decomposition", IEEE Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, pp.2033-2042, 2021.
- Anish R. Khadka, Paolo Remagnino, Vasileios Argyriou, "Object 3D Reconstruction based on Photometric Stereo and Inverted Rendering", International Conference on Single-Image Technology & Internet-based Systems, 2018.
- Chenyang Lei, Zuhua Huang, Mengdi Zhang, Qiong Yan, Wenziu Sun, Qifeng Chen, "Polarized Reflection Removal with Perfect Alignment in the Wild", Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2020.
- Pramati Kalwad, Divya Prakash, Venkat Peddigari, Phanish Srinivasa, "Reflection removal in smart devices using a prior assisted independent components analysis", Proceedingsof SPIE 9404, Digital Photography XI, 2015.
- Nikolaos Arvanitopoulos, Radhakrishna Achanta, Sabine Susstrunk, "Single image reflection suppression", IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.4498-4506, 2017.
- Soomin Kim, Yuchi Huo, Sung-Eui Yoon, "Single Image Reflection Removal with Physically-based Training Images", IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2020.
- Yong-Hwan Lee, Youngseop Kim, "Benchmarking of Single Image Reflection Removal Algorithms", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, vol.18, no.4, 2019.
- Anat Levin, Assaf Zomet, Yair Weiss, "Separating Reflections from a Single Image using Local Features", Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol.1, pp.306-313, 2004.
- Naejin Kong, Yu-Wing Tai, Joseph S. Shin, "A Physically based Approach to Reflection Separation: from Physical Modeling to Constrained Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol.36, no.2, pp.209-221, 2014 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2013.45
- Jie Yang, Dong Gong, Lingqiao Liu, Qinfeng Shi, "Seeing Deeply and Bidirectionally: A Deep Learning Approach for Single Image Reflection Removal", European Conference on Computer Vision, pp.654-669, 2018.